What are wax melts?
Wax Melts are a relatively new alternative to candles. Wax melts are essentially scented chunks of wax that release fragrance when heated.
Why should I use wax melts instead of candles for scent?
Wax melts don't have a wick like candles do, therefore they need to be placed on the top of either a tea light or electric wax burner to allow the wax to melt, and release the fragrance. Additionally, wax melts don't evaporate so you can continuously reheat them until the fragrance goes.
They make a brilliant alternative to scened candles, as they are cheaper and also a lot stronger in fragrance, as wax melts have the abilility to hold more fragrance oil than candles.
Wax melts are also generally safer to use than candles, especially when using electric burners (no naked flame).
How do I use a wax melt?
If you haven't used wax melts before, then our snap bars are perfect to begin! Designed to easily snap away, with 5 individual segments to melt. Simply place a chunk onto your wax burner, you can use either an electric or tea light burner but we recommend tea light burners as they reach hotter temperatures so provide better scent release.
What is your wax made of?
We use high quality soy wax, that allows for great scent release.
The wax we use is 100% biodegradable and vegan friendly. No animal testing has been carried out in its manufacture. The fragrance oils that we use in our wax melts are suitable for vegans, they are not tested on animals and are paraben free.
We are proud to be fully CLP compliant.
Wax melt safety
- Remove all packaging and place wax melt in the well of your burner
- Only use your burner with one unscented tea light for a maximum of 4 hours at a time
- Do not overfill your burner
- Do not use more than one tea light in your burner
- Keep wax and burners away from children and pets
- Do not move your burner until wax has cooled and solidified
- Do not place your burner near open windows or draughts
- Only burn candles and melts on a flat, even, heatproof surface
- Never leave burning melts and candles unattended